Car rental excess insurance claims are handled via AIG (for details please see /claims).
Our underwriters will ask you to complete a claims form and ask for a copy of the below (but not limited to):
1. A copy of the car rental agreement.
2. A copy of the damage receipt (if separate from the car rental agreement).
3. If the incident by law requires the attendance of the police, we will require a copy of the police report.
4. Your copy of the rental company's damage report.
5. Invoices, receipts or other documents confirming the amount you have paid in respect of the loss or damage for which the rental company holds you responsible.
6. A copy of your credit card statement or other proof of payment showing payment of the damages claimed.
7. A copy of your driving licence.
8. For legal liability claims, all correspondence you may receive from the third party in addition to the documents listed at 1-7 above if applicable.